This is a super-easy slow cooker option for those days when things feel too hard to cook.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- one onion
- half a small butternut pumpkin grated
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground garam masala blend
- 1 tsp salt + more to taste
- 1 cup red lentils rinsed but no need to soak
- 2 tins chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 220 mL tin coconut milk.
- 2/1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 cup warm water too hot kills the yeast- body temp is good
- 3 cups wholemeal spelt flour
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
Using browning function:
Add olive oil and onion to pan. Cook until onion is golden and softens
Add spices and stir through until fragrant
Add the grated pumpkin and stir through until soft
Add remaining ingredients and change to slow cooker function
Cook on high for 4 hours (may be done sooner- test lentils have softened).
Combine yeast, sugar and water in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer
Leave to sit until bubbles (5mins)
Add spelt flour, olive oil & salt
Mix using the dough hook option (or knead by hand).
Divide in to even number of balls, roll into circular shapes roughly 3-5mm thick, place on hot pan to cook (frying pan, BBQ plate)
Serve with lime cheeks, coriander. It would also be delicious with baby spinach stirred through.